Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Smoke on start up, 120, 000 miles. Not losing either, 2008

White smoke on start up JA...
White smoke on start up
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: 120, 000 miles. Not losing either
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2008 Nissan Armada
JA: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to a repair shop, they cleaned the fuel injection and replaced the radiator cap
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/19/2017
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. How long does the white smoke last and have you smelled it? does it smell like coolant? fuel? oil? are you overheating or have you overheated lately?

Last on a few seconds on starts. No smells
Can't call I am at work.

ok, is it every start up or only after sitting a while?

yes? every start up?

When it sits a while it smokes.

thats condensation. dont worry about it

How long does that usually last.

once the condensation dries up, it will stop. could be a few seconds to a minute or so

A coworker sugguest I put on the highway and blow the engine out.

thats up to you. its not causing any damage or driveability issues.

Is it possible that will resolve the problem or a waste of time

once you blow it out, then tomorrow morning its going to smoke again, especially if you're in a humid/wet climate

Humid. Thanks so much for your help! ��

you're very welcome. Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

thank you

david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician