Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tcs and slip lights on, the camshaft sensor is popping up I…

Customer Question
Tcs and slip lights...

Tcs and slip lights on

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?

The camshaft sensor is popping up I changed the cam sensor the lights turn off and then they come back on car stalls sometimes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I sent to a meahcanic but the problem keeps coming...delay in starting and sometimes stalls engine light and tcs off and slip light on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the check engine light also coming on?

Also, what model and engine size is this?

2000 Nissan maxima 3.5 se
2007 sorry

Thank you.

Is that check engine light coming up still with the cam sensor code?

Ok

Please give me just a minute to type my reply.

I have changed the camsensor...the code went off and all was fine until I started driving and problems came up again

The first thing I would do is make sure they used a dealer part. I have seen a lot of time where the aftermarket parts just don't do it and the code will come back. This will trigger the traction control and abs lights to come on. Its not that there is a problem with those systems, just that since the check engine light is on with this code, it's going to cause the lights.

Depending on the code, make sure you are putting the right bank on. on this engine bank 1 is the one closest to the firewall.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

would this also cause car to stall though?

Oh yes when the computer loses the signal from the cam sensor it will stop it from running. This is to prevent engine damage if the timing is off. If the timing is off the cam sensor will see it. That's actually it's job.