Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Can the bearing on the left side…

2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Can...

2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Can the bearing on the left side between transmission and cv shaft be replaced without removing the transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Not relevant

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing

9/19/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you mean the Passenger side Axle Carrier Bearing?

Drivers side
Not the wheel bearing. The bearing in the transmission that carries the end of the cv shaft

The Drivers side Axle comes as a assembly and can be replaced with out removing the transmission

Is that what you mean?

But if it's with in the Carrier of the transmission where the axle goes into the transmission, that does require the transmission to be removed and opened up to resolve

Why, what is going on with the vehicle exactly?

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
thanks.you answered my question.there is significant play on that end.if its not the shaft itself i'll have to bring it to a transmission shop .thank again for your prompt reply

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Also keep in mind, since it is a 2014, you have a 5 year or 60k mile powertrain warranty which would cover the transmisison

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician