Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Second opinion] 05 Murano SE with code P1273. Probably due…

Second opinion] Hi all, 05...
Second opinion] Hi all, 05 Murano SE with code P1273. Probably due to the A/F ratio sensor that they put back in at the muffler shop that went bad (it had popped out at first).
Since it's going to be used as a second car/beater car (mainly because of oil burning), I was wondering if I could leave it this way if I scan for other codes with my scan tool once in a while? If not can I tackle this myself (I have O2 sensor sockets and pretty good tools). Greetings from Quebec, Canada
9/18/2017
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

I would spend the $125 for an OEm sensor and replace it, because otherwise gas mileage will be poor compared to normal. If you don't replace it though it won't "hurt" anything.

Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician