Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Second opinion] 05 Murano SE with code P1273. Probably due

Second opinion] Hi all, 05 Murano SE with code P1273. Probably due to the A/F ratio sensor that they put back in at the muffler shop that went bad (it had popped out at first).
Since it's going to be used as a second car/beater car (mainly because of oil burning), I was wondering if I could leave it this way if I scan for other codes with my scan tool once in a while? If not can I tackle this myself (I have O2 sensor sockets and pretty good tools). Greetings from Quebec, Canada

I would spend the $125 for an OEm sensor and replace it, because otherwise gas mileage will be poor compared to normal. If you don't replace it though it won't "hurt" anything.