Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

05 Murano SE with code P1273. Probably due to the A/F ratio

Hi all, 05 Murano SE with code P1273. Probably due to the A/F ratio sensor that they put back in at the muffler shop that went bad (it had popped out at first).
Since it's going to be used as a second car/beater car (mainly because of oil burning), I was wondering if I could leave it this way if I scan for other codes with my scan tool once in a while? If not can I tackle this myself (I have O2 sensor sockets and pretty good tools). Greetings from Quebec, Canada

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Have a failing HO2S will not effect the engine performance and if you are not wanting to fix this you will not notice any issues with the engine running. The computer on your 2005 has back up strategy will will compensate for the loss of signal from the HO2S if in fact it is bad.