Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lift gate on 2015 mirano stopped working and everytime i put…

Customer Question
Lift gate on 2015...

Lift gate on 2015 mirano stopped working and everytime i put it into gear when driving i get a faint irritating alarm sound in the back of the car it goes off when the car stops or goes out of gear as soon as i press the car it goes on again

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes that works fine with the fob

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Nissan?

Platinum

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turned the power switch in the glove box on and off tried to pen by pressing button on gate and with button inside car none of them work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you open the lift gate manually and slowly drop it to close, does the motorized door latch operate and pull the hatch in to fully close it?

cannot open it at all there is no manual handle of the 2015 mirano.
if i have to pay more to speak to you i will just go to my dealership and expect my $5.00 back asap. it is still under warranty so it does not cost me a penny to take it in there

We can continue like this. That is a Automatic response.

Did you try the emergency release from inside that hatch?

where is that i cannot see any emergency release inside the door anywhere.

On the inside of the hatch, towards the center bottom area, there is a small trim cover that comes off. Once off, there is a lever in there to open the hatch.

There are two square trim panels on each end but none in the Centre just a grate with a couple of holes

It is the one towards the center. There is a little lever in there.

Yeah I don't see a lever in there the slots there you cannot fit your fingers into

There is a small lever that you press with your finger. Is that what you feel?

Yeah that may have been the case with old mirano's but 2015 onward you have to remove the entire rear panel from the hatch to access that lever there isno access panel

No.. They still have the emergency release lever.. That is mandatory by law.. If you open the Owners manual and go to page 3-26 it shows you the manual release way

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician