Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My gas gauge is registering properly with a full tank of gas…

Customer Question
My gas gauge is...

My gas gauge is registering properly with a full tank of gas it may still register half full

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No it's just the gauge i can't tell how much gas is in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried a number new fuel pump form the dealer but it still doing the same thing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life. I just did extensive research on your issue, I believe I know where the problem lies. Let me know if I can help!

I see the year & make, but no model. What model is your Nissan? engine size?

Things you have done was new fuel pump?

Do you have a voltmeter?

maybe a scan tool if possible if not that will be fine