Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My security light wont turn off for me to start my car, I…

My security light wont...

My security light wont turn off for me to start my car

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

I don't know how to reset it and it flashes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2001 Nissan pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

It never has lasted this long for me to get it fixed it usually turns off within a minute or two

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Positive side on the battery is corroded

9/18/2017
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Does the light stay on solid?

it does
Thanks, ***** ***** security light remains on solid with the key to start position, then this indicates a key recognition issue. Do you have another key to try?
i got it working with my original key.... how do i get my spare to work ??
The spare key is not registered, a locksmith with have to reprogram it then.

Hey there, did you need anything else?

if not can you please leave a kind rating, thanks.

Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
i did rate u ! and no im good thanks
Thank you!