Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2012 Nissan titan pro 4 x front brakes started dragging.

2012 Nissan titan pro 4...
2012 Nissan titan pro 4 x front brakes started dragging. replaced pads that were pretty worn. they still seem to be sticking
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yep
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes calipers wouldn't push in with c clamp so had to crack bleeder to get them back in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
9/17/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

when you cracked bleeder and pushed them in how hard or easily did they push in ?

they slid back in easily

so when feel they are sticking what is going on ?

here is what happened .. first brake lights were sticking on. replaced switch still sticking on.. brake pedal stiff when switch was changed. next morning front brakes started sticking

have you bled the system yet?

what was the bled method used?

pump brake pedal bleed at calipers till no bubbles

2 people? or bottle and hose? or just you?

2 peeps one pumping one bleeding

also how did you slide pins look and did you clean and grease those?

had one stuck slide pin.. cleaned and replaced
I'm thinking something electirical happened when I changed the brake light switch.. all was fine till I messed with it lol

it sounds like you have a bad master cylinder, is the pedal hard to retract after pushing?

it seems to get tight after the first couple of pushes to use the brakes

its either the master or you have some debris in the abd unit causing a flow restriction both ways, which would explain the peddle issue, you can rule out the master but disconnecting the line at the master and using a master bleed hoses and see if peddle conditions change, if no change you need a master, if it clears up there is some restriction in the abs unit

ok will look at it that way and see. thanx

sure thing let me know how it goes and if you have any more questions

that was it. changed the master cylinder and all seems good now. would have never thought it would be that.. thanx again!

sure thing glad everything got worked out!

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician