Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Second opinion] a 2004 Nissan vehicle is acting very

Customer Question
Second opinion] Good morning...

Second opinion] Good morning, a 2004 Nissan vehicle is acting very sluggish when driving, I heard a knocking sound felt like it was underneath the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It just started two days ago the knocking sounds appears to be coming from underneath the car. I checked all the fuels, oil, radiator, transmission fuels, all appear to be good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Nissan?

It's a 2004 Nissan Maxima.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm attempting to fix it myself, affair to take it to Nissan dealer will over charge me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I heard knocking sound before sometime ago it happens for at least 4 months, it appears to knock when I accelerate, and it hesitates, the car yesterday started to appear that it would stall out.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there thanks for the question. Is the service engine light on?