Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced tensioner and still won't start, They are fine. It…

Customer Question
Replaced tensioner and still...

Replaced tensioner and still won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are fine. It turns over...just won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2002 xterra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed the timing chains and sprockets, guides and tensioners

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tensioner on lower chain broke...that's the reason for change

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question. Do you have any codes right now? Have you checked for spark?