Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Put petrol in diesel xtrail 25: 45 petrol to diesel, its…

Customer Question
Put petrol in diesel...

Put petrol in diesel xtrail 25: 45 petrol to diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Its running ok but took a few extra turns to start after i had stopped. its idling ok now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

09 dci 2.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've just driven home, 25 miles and i havent swiched it off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will i leave it running. does the tank need to be drained.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

can you tell me how much petrol went in? and how full the tank was before the petrol was added?

as you can get away with about 15% petrol in diesel with no ill effects

its a 65 ltr tank so if the tank was now brimmed with diesel to dilute whats left in there means you could cope with about 10 ltrs of petrol

I'd also add a bottle of fuel treatment to lubricate the pump seals and help mitigate the effects of the petrol

something like this

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-oil-additives/wynns-formula-gold-diesel-treatment-500ml

Nissan Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you