Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan pathfinder i have a 1999 Nissan pathfinder 3.3l i am

nissan pathfinder i have a...
nissan pathfinder i have a 1999 Nissan pathfinder 3.3l
i am relocating the knock sensor to the top of the plenum . because its reading as bad .
i seen a video that states to splice a new sensor into the wiring harness that Leeds to the knock senor .
its a thicker looking coaxial cable.
looks fairly straight foreword , however hears a stupid question . do i splice into the wiring before or after the plastic connector on top of the engine ..
thanks /hers the link im trying to use .
l
9/16/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

I've not done this repair or relocation myself, but I can tell you to splice in after the connector where the wire goes under the intake. You'll want to splice it there if you can because the wire could change color once it goes into the harness going back to the bulkhead harness into the firewall. The closer you can get to the knock sensor itself the better off you will be.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

ok so here is the front plastic connectofront -haeness --- / _/---- rear going into twords firwall .
. splice the white ^ and silver here ..i also purcheased an cactual connector wire form ebay harness and all . hopefully the guage is the same .
thanks .
unfortuantly i fully replaced mine on my 4runner before i heard about this fix . $800 later

Honestly, the knock sensor code won't even turn on the check engine light. So if you are having running issues or a problem with the check engine light coming on, it's probably something else causing the issue.

for some reason your links aren't showing up on the posts.

The loose wire is a shield for the knock sensor. Splice into the regular white wire and wrap that shield around the wiring.

Yep, that's exactly how you want to do it. The wire is shielded to prevent any sort of electrical current from interfering with the signal. Otherwise it could cause a false code.

Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician