Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 nissian Muranio ran out of gas will start but…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 nissian Muranio ran out of gas will start but won't keep running dies what do I need to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts but if you press down on gas pedal it dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, it is broken down on side on side of the highway

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Often when you run out of fuel the fuel pump overheats from no lubrication or resistance causing it to spin to fast. I would start off with checking the fuel pressure to see if it is low. Now if the running out of fuel issue did not occur I would try a throttle body cleaning and a computer reset y removing both battery cables and holding them together for one minute.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris