Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2 weeks ago my car started to hesitate. I went to Auto Zone…

Customer Question
Hello 2 weeks ago...

Hello 2 weeks ago my car started to hesitate. I went to Auto Zone and they put it on the machine. It indicated that I need a Variable Timing Solenoid and it said it had a misfire which was low range and that I would need a fuel pressure sensor. So I replaced the solenoid. My car still hesitated so I was told by a mechanic to get a tune up. I got a tune up last week and while he was changing the coil packs one of them seem to be over flooded with oil. The mechanic then said that I need a oil valve gasket so I got the front and back valve cover gastket replaced yesterday. it still appears to be hesitating so we put in some Heet in the fuel tank to ensure I did not use any bad gas. What else could be wrong with it when I drive in sports gear the rpm is staying on 3 and still hesitating please help. Also last nigh when I put it on the Auto Zone machine once again it said it could be the engine but my mechanic said it runs to well to be the engine and he also checked the transmission fluid and it was full

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Well checked last night after he put in on the valve gasket cover....I don't recall it ever being changed since I've had it and I I've had it since 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Nissan?

2006 Nissan Murano SL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not myself but this man that has fixed on my previous car is fixing on it and he fixes on a lot of people cars I've replaced the Variable Timing Solenoid, Had a full tune up last week, had a oil change last week and replaced the oil valve cover gasket last night

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A few months ago I took it to a shop for a oil change and two weeks later I took it back because it was rambling and they lifted it up and said that my oil was completely empty and that I had a mini leak that why I replace my oil valve gasket but I think they pointed out where it was leaking which was under the car so I don't know if I needed the rubber lining or if it had a small hole in something

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you give me the actual fault code and or codes your getting when you have had it scanned?

I do not have it on me it's at the house would I be charged again if I log back on later I'm at work

You will not be charged again and are only charged once you rate the service, post back on this link once you have them and we can work from there.

ok

Im here when your ready.