Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thought i ran out out gas at stip light put 1/4 tank now…

Customer Question
Thought i ran out out...
Thought i ran out out gas at stip light put 1/4 tank now will crank but not start
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

You have to check for fuel and spark. Try spraying some carb cleaner directly into the throttle and crank the engine. If it runs for a few seconds then you know you have spark and the fuel pump is the likely problem. If not, then check and make sure the rotor is turning under the distributor cap when you crank the engine. If it's not, then it's likely broke the timing belt and that will need to be replaced. If it is turning, then I would try to get a code reader on it. It could be the cam sensor in the distributor causing the issue. These are the first steps to finding out what's happened.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?