Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have trapped my bag strap in the boot locking mechanism,

Customer Question
Have trapped my bag...

Have trapped my bag strap in the boot locking mechanism

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Can't open boot or lock the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

Sorry it's a Nissan Juke 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried manoeuvring the strap tried pulling the strap as someone pushes he boot release

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But that's it I know very little about cars

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/14/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there thanks for the question.

I actually see this pretty frequently where people get clothes and anything else you can think shut in the rear boot.

The trick here is to try and take pressure off the latch so it can UNLOCK. before pulling it open. This requires someone to push INWARD towards the closed position while pressing the release button. Once it releases you will feel a little slack and it will open.

Hi Jake
Thank for your reply. You make it sound like an easy fix. However I don't understand what you mean by pushing inward...
Push the door in the closed position firmly to take pressure off the latch. So from the outside push it like your trying to shut it.

if you need anything else let me know. If not please be sure to leave a kind rating.

thanks.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician