Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

POAC4:null, POA80:null, 2007 Altima Hybrid, No, I had the

POAC4:null JA: What is the model/year...
POAC4:null
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: POA80:null
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 2007 Altima Hybrid
JA: Are you fixing your Altima Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I had the battery cells changed out for reconditioned battery last week. Now I am getting these error codes this morning.
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
9/14/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

this the troubleshoot for DTC P0A80 ,that means one or more of the cells are defective

2 possible cause here : 1: battery smart unit or HV battery cells

please click on link to view pdf file

do you have scanner that can read all 34 cells to check for 1.2 volts

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

No scanner, just ODB II

hey sorry could not make the call ,card need to update on file

let me know

Amex says payment already went through.
$5 then 15 then 26.

i m sorry I do not have acesss to billing ,let me send it to customer care

i do not think call necessary ,did you recheck the cell block values again

all I have is the ODB II

was these cells from a used vehicle, there is a 10 year lifetime on these cells,give an take a little,and there is a chance the control unit is bad, to know for sure you need a nissan factory scaner or equivalent , you can actual read the cell values ,that is how u know for sure

or u take it apart and dismantlement it and measure them individually

but to pick the control unit fault and test it YOU WILL NEED THAT SCANNER OR U WILL BE GUESSING AND U END UP THROWING PARTS AT IT

IF YOU GET MORE SPECIFIC FAULT YOU CAN POST IT BACK HERE FOR ME AND I CAN HELP YOU FURTHER

BUT AGAIN IF U TOOK OUT OF A USED CAR AND BEEN SITTING FOR A WHILE LIKE OVER 6 MONTH THOSE CELLS WILL WORK FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES AND REGISTER A FAULT AND THROW UR CAR IN LIMP MODE

TO REBUILD U CAN BUY THESE CELLS AROUND $50 NEW ON EBAY

Chad Farhat
Thank you
Keep me updated
Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800Chad
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat