Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2006 m45 an the service engin soon light came on an

Customer Question

i have a 2006 m45 an the service engin soon light came on an vdc off an slip after car lost power an shut off in traffic car started right back up whats wrong
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it just shut off an then i restart the car an it runs but the engin light stays on
JA: Are you fixing your M45 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i took to the dealer last week they cleared the engin light an said it was ok an it just did it again tonight an all lights r on again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i want to know whats going on thank u
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question.did the dealer mention what code was stored before they cleared it?Did the engine just shut off like you turned the key off?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it did while in drive an it did the same thing on my way from work today
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Thanks that does sound like a possible cam sensor failure then. Do you remember a p0340 or p0345 code from the dealer?