Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Nissan Altima that I purchased from an

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Nissan Altima that I purchased from an individual about a month ago. The master warning light goes on and off spontaneously and when it goes on, the interior lights come on (unless I have them turned off). I now have to keep them in the off position. I can also hear what sounds to be the doors locking and unlocking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

According to the manual, that light goes on for a couple reasons; no key, low fuel, low windshield fluid, parking brake, doors open, loose fuel cap and tire pressure. I had the tires checked yesterday. None of these seem to be a problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am just trying to find out what it could be. None from owner's manual seem to be it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, the key symptom with the warning light is the interior lamps. This would indicate a possible issue with a door ajar switch. Try shaking the doors one at a time with the window down to see if it reproduces the warning or some light operation.
Since your answer, that evening I did what you said about the windows and it has not happened so hopefully that was it. Another thing that suddenly disappeared was the information screen (fuel low, etc.). I found in the owners manual about the button behind the steering wheel but nothing happens to bring it back. Thanks.

Are you referring to the LED screen going out at the center of the gauge cluster? If so maybe a fuse has blown by the drivers left knee.

I will get that checked out. Thanks.

Your welcome, if you need further assistance just ask. If not please remember to leave a kind rating.

i will leave the question open for 7 days after rating should you need additional assistance.