Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2012 Nissan Altima that I purchased from an

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Nissan Altima that I purchased from an individual about a month ago. The master warning light goes on and off spontaneously and when it goes on, the interior lights come on (unless I have them turned off). I now have to keep them in the off position. I can also hear what sounds to be the doors locking and unlocking.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: According to the manual, that light goes on for a couple reasons; no key, low fuel, low windshield fluid, parking brake, doors open, loose fuel cap and tire pressure. I had the tires checked yesterday. None of these seem to be a problem.
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I am just trying to find out what it could be. None from owner's manual seem to be it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Hey there, the key symptom with the warning light is the interior lamps. This would indicate a possible issue with a door ajar switch. Try shaking the doors one at a time with the window down to see if it reproduces the warning or some light operation.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since your answer, that evening I did what you said about the windows and it has not happened so hopefully that was it. Another thing that suddenly disappeared was the information screen (fuel low, etc.). I found in the owners manual about the button behind the steering wheel but nothing happens to bring it back. Thanks.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Are you referring to the LED screen going out at the center of the gauge cluster? If so maybe a fuse has blown by the drivers left knee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will get that checked out. Thanks.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome, if you need further assistance just ask. If not please remember to leave a kind rating.

i will leave the question open for 7 days after rating should you need additional assistance.