Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2015 Nissan Murano and I drove it forward and

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Nissan Murano and I drove it forward and backwards in my driveway with the lift gate open for about 10 minutes to compact an asphalt repair now I do not know how to reset my power back it so it will power up and work properly .
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked battery . 13 volts . tried to reset with car running . checked power switch on . user fob to open /close.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: nope battery is good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the hatch will lock and unlock fine just the cylinders are needing to be reset of code cleared ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

It sounds like maybe the power door lost calibration somehow. The battery didn't die right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess you are talking about the battery under the hood of the car. No it is fine ,13 volts . I just disconnected the positive cable to clean off some green corrosion to make sure everything was good there. I will hook it back up in about 5 minutes. and try the rear door again.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay , That reset it . everything works fine now . I guess I should have done that before I contacted you . Will I still be billed for this Inquiry ?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

No, you can contact customer service and ask for a refund if you would like.

As an expert I just see the questions and offer my insights. I don't get to see the billing side as I don't work directly for just answer. I am only compensated based on a positive rating of my responses to your questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay Thanks
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you need help in the future.