Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My daughter's Versa won't crank - this happened before and

Customer Question

My daughter's Versa won't crank - this happened before and it was the immobilizer system. I tried jumping and it wouldn't work. Is there an indicator for this system?
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: Yes - it won't turn over at all.
JA: What year is your Versa?
Customer: 2008 sedan
JA: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulled the battery and am having it checked just because it is old - since it wouldn't turn over when jumped that is probably not it. I have two keys and fobs. I pulled the battery and reconnected, but someone said you had to wait an hour for that to work?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.
Hey how are you
We can try to reset it manual before getting scanned with factory scanner or equivelant , now make sure battery has 12 volts and the key fob battery good
Try other key if u have 2
Below is. Aster reset procedure,let's do that and go from thereMaster Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .Please let me know
Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car's user manual had the procedure to reset the immobilizer - turn key to "lock" 5 seconds, to "Off" for 10 seconds, "lock" 5 seconds and "Off" ten seconds. Then you can turn on the car. I had looked in the manual initially under security system instead of mobilizer. So I did not need or use you procedure - sorry.

no problem ,I understand glad u got it