Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 1997 1.6L Nissan Sentra. can you tell me how to set

Customer Question
Hi, i have a 1997...
Hi, i have a 1997 1.6L Nissan Sentra. can you tell me how to set the timing? maybe send me some pictures as well?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Nissan Sentra. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No that is it thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Here is the info I show on setting the timing.There is a way to do it manually but you will see in this chart there is a way to do it with a compatible scan tool plugged into your model as well.If you do not have the scan tool you will need to perform the second steps in each procedure to time it manually.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frjoxct3d78pvac/t-09-13.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician