Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Rear door issue

Customer Question
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Rear door issue
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you are sitting in the drivers seat, where your left knee is located, there is a button to turn the auto rear hatch off. See if that was mistakenly bumped causing your issue..

that is ON verified

Ok.. Hang on, let me check something..

Are you pressing and holding the Hatch button on the remote for 5 seconds?

Please double check the Power Door switch.. Make sure that is ON..

I hear 2 beeps and nothing

Did you try to calibrate the door?

To do that, raise the hatch either all the way up or the desired height, and press and hold the button on the hatch till you get a long beep.

did that page 3-27
same same
no change

The only other thing I have seen is a Bad Spindle sensors. But you would need a scanner to see if you have a code for that. How many miles do you have on the car?

31000 - 31k

You may still be under warranty.. Do you know if you are? If you are, this would be covered under warranty for you if it's a spindle sensor

out of warranty, where is that spindle sensor?

The spindle sensors is part of the rear hatch strut assemblies. If that sensor is bad, it would affect it's electronic operation like you are experiencing. It does not sense when the gate is up. So it won't respond electrically.

it is a problem indeed? it should also power close on demand?

If you have a power gate where it opens inside and you have the power button on the gate, you should be able to press it to close the hatch. This sounds like a spindle issue, but you have two of them. So one of them can cause this. That is why it's best to have it scanned to determine which one to verify what I am saying.

ok I will scan tomorrow and if error shows I will let you know, if error shows is it simple to change?

It's not to bad if your handy. But you need to use a Advanced level scanner to communicate with the back door control unit to check for codes.