Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2012 pathfinder Ac climate control dose not control temp.

When in AUTO mode if...
2012 pathfinder Ac climate control dose not control temp. When in AUTO mode if you start at 60F and rotate temp control it will not change temp until 88F and then it is blasting hot, Any ideas
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: I have checked coolant level ok and varified by shop. I have worked on cars all my life 75yrs and am aomewhat savy. I have searched the nissan forums and hve found very little about this problem bot others have reported the same issue
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have replaced the auto controler and it seemed to work ok for about three or four days. So this is the same problem with both controlers
9/13/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Most common thing I have seen that may cause this is the incabin temperature sensor. That always affects how the air controller operates. This is located under the drivers side of the dash panel. Right where that small little grill is located. If the hose is not plugged into it, or the sensor is unplugged, it can cause this.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Why did you give me a negative Rating?

If you had any more questions on this, you only had to ask....

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician