Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a nissan xtrail... normally, when I close the

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a nissan xtrail... normally, when I close the driver's door it closes all the doors... but when I open it, it opens only one event if I try twice or more times in less than 5 seconds as the manual says

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

It started happening yesterday, and I have had the car for more than 4 years now

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Its 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, by my self, I'm reading the manual, but didnt find anything... I have a second key and happens the same but with the command I'm able to close/open all the doors also looking from inside works

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That would be all I think

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 5 days by:
9/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

You mean locking the doors and unlocking the doors correct? All doors will lock when you lock them, but if you press the unlock button only the drivers door opens? Not the Passenger door or either rear doors?

Hi Jay,Thank you for you help. But the problem I'm having is different, and it is as follows:- When I lock drivers door from outside using the key, all the doors get locked, so far so good, but when I open it (same door, same key), it doesn't open the other doors as it used to after turning the key twice, it just open the drives door and if I do open the door the alarm is fired!!- Using the remote works fine, I can close and open all the doors and the alarm doesn't fire when I open the door.- Looking and unlocking from inside using the buttons work fine.Any idea?
Something I forgot to mention is that I have a second key (its original too) and the same problem happens using that other key.

Thank you.. That is normally something to do with the drivers door latch assembly. That can cause that. So you would need to replace the drivers door latch assembly to resolve your issue. The drivers door lock cylinder is what attaches to the latch assembly. So it's a internal issue with the drivers door latch.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!