Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Blower not working had it out work fine as electric on both

Customer Question

Blower not working had it out work fine as electric on both terminal went plug in
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Maxima GLE 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had motor out it work fine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer:(###) ###-####miles automatic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If the blower motor is not working in the car, but runs when manually powered, the issue is most commonly the blower motor amp. That is what the control unit powers and that is what controls blower motor speed. When it fails, it either will not turn the blower motor on ( provide ground ) or it gets stuck on speed high. So that blower motor amp would need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

That is located down by the blower motor. It's that one long plug and is secured by the two screws.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!