Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I want to know if i can change the size of my tires of a

Customer Question
Hello JA: Hi. How can I...
Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I want to know if i can change the size of my tires of a juke 2012
JA: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?
Customer: Yes, I have
JA: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to know if there is an equivalent size of my tires. Because there is not the size 215/55-R17 in my countru country, Bolivia
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is necessary to talk with a mechanic to know if there is an equivalent size of my tires?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
the current size is 215/55-R17, but this size is not available in my country Bolivia
I want to know if there is an equivalent size for my tires
9/12/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

As long as you are able to find a 17" tire a couple of different tires would fit.

Do you know which tire sizes are available for 17" rims in your area?

My juke is model 2012

Also, let me know if this would be easier in spanish.

i can
my problem was 215/55, but no 17"
I can find this size in my country
thank you

To clarify, you can't find 17" tires?

In that case you would need to buy new rims. 17" rims require 17" tires.

If you are able to find 18" nissan rims you can go with a tire that is no more than 28" tall.

225/55-18 are 27.7", 235/50-18 are 27.3", 245/50-18 are 27.7"

For a 17" rim:

225/60-17 are 27.6", 235/55-17 are 27.2"

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician