Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Total loss of power. No lights, no radio, can't roll down…

Customer Question
Total loss of power...

Total loss of power. No lights, no radio, can't roll down windows, nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Which one?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 Nissan Murano.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. Had to bum a ride to work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it. That's all that has happened. Thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/12/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like the battery is dead in your vehicle.In some cases this can occur if something is left on in the vehicle or if there is a parasitic draw/drain with one of the electronics draining the battery over night like a stuck on relay or switch or a faulty electrical component in your vehicle.It can also happen if the battery is just plain weak and had failed on its own.

I would try a jump start first here.If it starts then have the battery charged up and tested ( a local parts store will test it for you free of charge).If it fails the test then it needs replaced.If it passes the test then I would have the alternator tested to make sure it is charging properly.If it fails the test ( a local parts store can test this as well with it in the vehicle and vehicle down at the parts store once jump started) then it needs replaced.

If both the battery and alternator test to be o.k. then you need to have a parasitic drain/draw test performed to locate the source of the battery drain then the faulty electrical component replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete