Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Alarm willnot stop, yes also locking with windo down power

Customer Question

alarm willnot stop
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: yes also locking with windo down power off disconnect battery move key to on reconnect
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 98 pathfinder towyard sale not origanle key
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes battery cis/reconnect
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: limmetted tooles
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So you dont have the right keys and no tools?

Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Hey there, the keys themselves will not cause the alarm to sound, key registration is Tied to immobiliser operation not the theft alarm.When the alarm is sounding like this it is almost always related to a door hood or hatch switch or in some instances a lock. You must manually close and secure the hood and hatch then manually lock all the doors and close them before unlocking the drivers door with the key.