Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Alarm willnot stop, yes also locking with windo down power…

Customer Question
Alarm willnot stop Mechanic's...

Alarm willnot stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes also locking with windo down power off disconnect battery move key to on reconnect

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

98 pathfinder towyard sale not origanle key

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes battery cis/reconnect

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Limmetted tooles

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/12/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So you dont have the right keys and no tools?

Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, the keys themselves will not cause the alarm to sound, key registration is Tied to immobiliser operation not the theft alarm.When the alarm is sounding like this it is almost always related to a door hood or hatch switch or in some instances a lock. You must manually close and secure the hood and hatch then manually lock all the doors and close them before unlocking the drivers door with the key.