Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Cannot get the car to start inside light come on but car

Customer Question

Cannot get the car to start inside light come on but car will not start.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Lights on the dash. Say key is not detected
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2015 murano platinum
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Car is in garage and need to get out so I can charge my cell hurricane Irma is here
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I pressed the button on the door because fob would not work. And when I pressed the button on door handle it opens the doors but car won't start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

This can mean the battery in the fob has failed, do you have a second key fob to try?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Ok

Some of these have a slot for you to put the remote in to the left side of the dash. The other style you hold the keyfob very close to the ignition button and press start. If the battery has failed in the remote this should help. Please try this and let me know.

It is also possible the actual problem is the battery on the car, but since it isn't recognizing the key, that's really very unlikely.

Sorry, I am unable to make a call at this time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I put the remote next to starter and sounds as if battery wouldn't connect but the battery is chagrgedb I thought u were going to call
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this a joke this is an emergency and u guys are filling around
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

I am going to opt out. I am sorry, but it's not a simple fix.

The other experts will pick up the question. This site is real and we help a lot of people. I am sorry you are in this situation, but I am unable to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Opt out. Wish I had never opted in. Will report this to Nissan. Waste of time and money
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This was a waste of time and energy in An emergency. I want a refund. Not only didn't get assistance but didn't come close to help resolve situation but quick to charge.