Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I accidently stuck a Chevy express key into the Nissan and

Customer Question

I accidently stuck a Chevy express key into the Nissan and realized I had the wrong key. Then I put the Nissan key in and the van would not start
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: I tried to turn wheel but it was locked. Key was fine inserting in and out. But ignition would not turn on.
JA: What year is your Express?
Customer: Nv200, company car, not sure what year but they bought it last year
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I was moving both vehicles trying to park them, and I got the keys mixed up and inserted Chevy key into Nissan ignition. Pulled it out and realized it was wrong key.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Would not start. Will it work if someone tries later.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So the key wont even turn in the cylinder?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi .

You still need assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg.