Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I'm getting a P0455 evap code on a 2009 Nissan Rogue, I have

Customer Question

I'm getting a P0455 evap code on a 2009 Nissan Rogue
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any warning codes popped up?
Customer: I have already replaced the gas cap and the vent control valve. 80,000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am fixing it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not unless you know what to ask?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have the vin for that? I need it to check any recalls and tsbs for that vehicle

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hang on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
jn8as58v79w439108

so I have no tsbs on that or recals, so for this code I would recommend getting a smoke test done on it so they can find where the leak is and you can replace whatever is bad, its the one tool thats hard to come by as a DIY person, any shop will be able to do it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not put a factory gas cap on, do you think that could possibly fix it?

highly doubt it, gas cap failure in new caps are very rare, even the aftermarket ones,

so do you think you will get the smoke test?