peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Have changesd spark plugs and coil 4 times in the last 6

Customer Question

have changesd spark plugs and coil 4 times in the last 6 months and they are bad again. Why?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are all coils faulty again or just one?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
each time i have been advised to use all new plugs. dont know about this time. Something is making them go bad.

O.k.,I would have it checked over/tested to see if the plugs and coils are the cause here again just to be sure.If it is found they are then I would have the engine wiring harness inspected leading to the coils for any issues needing repaired like any shorts or damage.If this is o.k. the only other thing I see is maybe a fault with the engine computer sending a surge causing coil damage with the computer needing replaced.

But I would have this checked/tested further to be sure it is coils again and then checked from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete