Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have changed spark plugs and coil4 times and they are bad…

Customer Question
Have changed spark plugs...

Have changed spark plugs and coil4 times and they are bad again. What is making them do this?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

About twomonthsn ago. always replaced all spark plugs with new.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Nissan Altima 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No different shops have replaced them

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so what coil are you using and plugs?

i dont know. they were bought at a auto shop and installed by 4 different mechanics.
just answer my question. What is causing this.
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are you changing the coils cause they are blistering? What is the car doing exactly as to why you keep replacing coils and plugs? Also what brand spark plugs are you getting?