Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hear rattling noise on start up. Took to dealer and was told…

Customer Question
Hear rattling noise on...

Hear rattling noise on start up. Took to dealer and was told it was timing chain. It was not. Now being told it is the left cam gear. Do I need to set engine on top dead center before I take of the chains.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It's coming from the rear left side of the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

04 murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I have the cover off , and is now try to get top dead center before I take off chains. Can I get top dead center without checking plug no# ***** I having the worst time getting to plug 1

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: tracker40, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
tracker40
tracker40, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. I see your post has gone un answered Do you still need help with this?