Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Also.... but my issue is in reverse. Can I downgrade my

Customer Question
Hello, I'm Jae also.... but...
Hello, I'm Jae also.... but my issue is in reverse.
Can I downgrade my factory OEM navy to a normal radio? Assuming I get the right screen, harness, controls and radio? My purpose is to downgrade to install aftermarket.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
Btw, I have a 2014 SV with the color screen.
9/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

does that have navigation or bose?

Both

So there are no options available for that vehicle with the navigation package, if you dont mind me asking why do you want to downgrade

I want to install an aftermarket radio. I understand there are better options if I didn't have the navigation possibly.
Well without navi and Bose I'm assuming?

oh the options are endless without that, thats a pretty nice system, where are trying to achieve that you dont like with the factory system and maybe we can find a solution that way

it is not possible to downgrade?The system is ok but the Navi is not to my likening and the sound is to forward. I've found solutions to install aftermarket speakers but I would like to install my own NAV head unit of course without losing my Header/ AC controls. I also don't know completely how this unit operates as it has nav, Bluetooth and Satellite (could care less about the satellite).That's why I was thinking, if I could just downgrade the whole system to the basic radio and screen I could do this overhaul.
By operate, I mean does the radio actually have the nav built in? Is there a whole other component I'm missing? Is it dependent on the ECU?

that has everything built in but with the a/c controls it uses the can bus system and the nav talks to the bcm and the antenna on that and the speakers are integrated to the bcm as well so its fairly complicated , you may just have to wait a few years until they come out with a compatible harness for that

let me know if you have any more questions