Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A2017 nissan pathfinder display wont go off draining

Customer Question
A2017 nissan pathfinder display...

A2017 nissan pathfinder display wont go off draining battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Took to dealer they said had to do with hood not closing right but i cleared the objection have to jump start every day annoying

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pathfinder?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well its a strange relationship with the dealer we bought 4 cars from them even though its under warranty they wont work with me. I had them do body work on it during a collission then two weeks later another collission second one minor but they had hyandi mechanics work on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well just that i got the hood to close its the navigation that kills it car works fine after jump start works all day

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

When you open the drivers door after turning off the vehicle it should shut down or time out after 15 minutes from the BCM to prevent battery drainage.

If it does not it leads me to believe you have have a loose dash beam ground or something of that nature, especially since you have had body work done. When you open the drivers door, there is black caps on the inside dash side of the door jamb for the dash beam grounds. Try snugging them up slightly for starters.