Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 altima that wont accelerate after it comes to…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 altima that wont accelerate after it comes to a complete stop after I've been driving it for a while

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

The transmissom was replaced about 3 years a go but the car wasn't driven for about 18 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the cvt fluid and it drove better

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was told that it may be the vavle body by a transmisson expert

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/9/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

are you getting a check engine light on?

I had a pressure sensor code but it went away after driving for a few miles

so have you ched the fluid level when its hot, the level of that is very important and what was the code by number

It was P0746
The level was fine I drained and refilled the fluid

so no codes and level now is good? does it feel like its in the trans or engine?

Trans just before the car starts acting up the car shakes like if the trans is jumping gears then the next time I come to a complete stop the car won't go

if your not getting any codes and the fluid level is good, you have a internal failure. Trans failures in those are very common

can I swap the trans with no issues or is there any reprogramming needed

you sure can, should be just a swap, I would make sure you get a new torque converter too as debris may be in the old one. And save all your old sensors for future repairs.

just to make sure you did use the nissan fluid ns-2?

$20 per quart from Nissan are there any alternatives?
Would I need to program the valve body for the replacement trans

there is one alternative but I have seen trans do weird things with this fluid so I stick with the nissan fluid, and everything is plug and play, install and go

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician