Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Last night my gas pedal didn't work when I was driving down…

Customer Question
Last night my gas...

Last night my gas pedal didn't work when I was driving down the road. I let it putt putt back to my house and turned it off and now it won't even start

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Everything sounds normal except it doesn't fire. The starter is trying to turn it over but it's like there is no gas getting to it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 nissan titan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried replacing the ipmd relay

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/9/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

are you getting any security lights on the dash?

No

have you checked power at the fuel pump relay yet?

The fuel pump fuse is still good I even replaced the starter/ipdm relay and tried switching the ecm and fog light relays with each other

you can also have someone turn on key while you listen in the fuel pump filler with a funnel to see if you hear the pump turn on,

I will try it and let you know

hows it going?

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.