Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There's no throttle response and ac compressor is not

Customer Question
There's no throttle response...

There's no throttle response and ac compressor is not getting any signal

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes it works if I jumps the wire to the battery positive side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I checked all fuses ,swapped out ipdm, changed out throttle body and pedal sensors

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/9/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

ok on the throttle body have you had it relearned yet with a scanner?

so even with nissan software I have had to do the relearn on some vehicles about 5-10 before it would do what it was supposed to

theres no signal coming from ecm to throttle body but there's 5volts power at throttle body sensor. Grounds are good ,Just no throttle movement and signal .checked for shorts on both ends of the harness and connectors. All checked out good. Ac same problem it shows signal on the bcm just no signal coming from ecm to ac compressor? It all leads to a bad ecm but I just wanted more guidance from a Nissan expert.

if you have done all of that, ecm and bcm failure is quite common and if your sure on your wire testing and checks I would recommend getting both and programing them, you will need all the keys and fobs for the vehicle when doing that

It idled perfectly fine after we did a relearn but still no throttle response
To swap out ecm I would need the key fobs with it?

not technically but if your using the nissan software or something similar the fob relearn is in the process so it makes sense

On my scanner it says "throttle relay off " when the car is running? Do you know where the relay for the throttle motor is?

fuse 43 feeds that and it should be in the ipdm underhood relay/fuse box

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician