Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

1998frontier 2wd....service engine ligth is on...tacometer

Customer Question

1998frontier 2wd....service engine ligth is on...tacometer dont work...speedometer dont work, code P0500...1.-speed sensor A..2.-speed sensor/circuitMTR ...
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: I change and put new speed sensor but still the same
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 1998 frontier 2wd
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i fix myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How i can fix that problem on my nissan

so you can measure the sensor and im looking for that procedure now, while I do that have you checked the wiring from the sensor, and are you getting any other codes in the system? And have you checked fuses with a volt meter yet?

you can try hooking it up to a drill like in this video and checking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbaHx89EysM

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 27 days ago.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.