Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2007 Nissan Versa with a P0420 code, with CEL. I

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Nissan Versa with a P0420 code, with CEL. I don't notice anything to be off with the car when driving. I did have the Cat replaced, but the CEL turns back on, what could be the issue?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far, Ive just had a mechanic replace the catalytic converter as per advice from online forum.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

So he replaced that and deleted the code and it came back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is correct
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

are you getting any other codes or having any other issues with the engine running ? also when is the last time you had a full tune up and how many miles are on the car now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, that's the only code. No other issues. I just bought the car 6 months ago and I am told it got one just before I bought it. It has around 145,000 miles
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

So you have another issue in the system that could be causing that, air intake leak, spark plug issue, fuel injector leaking or timing issue, more than likely its a fuel or spark plug problem