TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

My sunroof will not open or close in my 2002 maxima, I tried

My sunroof will not open or close in my 2002 maxima
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the reset method with no luck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's about it thanks alot

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Does it seem like the motor is getting power?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No nothing is happening I don't here a relay switch over or anything
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've had this similar with 2 other maximas and the reset trick worked

So the fuse for that is in the left side engine compartment, I would check power on that, if that present pull battery cables and touch together and wait 30 mins to do a reset, and then try relearn procedure again

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I looked under the hood I didn't see one labeled for the sunroof

may not say, it says its a 40 amp so with a volt meter I would check all 40 amp fuses to make sure they have power in and out

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I believe it's connected to the one for the power windows all of the 40amp fuses seem to be good though.

ok try the vehicle reset and then the relearn again, if thats not it we will need to check the motor for power and ground, and if all that checks out, you prob have a bad cpu in the motor or some other internal failure

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took the battery cables off gonna let it sit for awhile and try the reset first?

make sure to to touch the cables together and re install positive then negative

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok gotcha

hows it going?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still no luck..

did you verify power and ground at the motor assembly ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the motor assembly

right behind the switch panel

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.