Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Nissan Titan truck. About every week, I'll turn the…

Customer Question
I have a Nissan...

I have a Nissan Titan truck. About every week, I'll turn the key and nothing happens. I I'll try again and it starts up like normal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It is in Park. Not sure about wheel lock feature.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Titan?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. Trying to determine if it's an easy fix or something more involved.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/8/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So you could have a park neutral position switch issue or adjustment problem, relays are quite common on those models as well, thats the first 2 thing I would inspect and check, the PNP switch adjustment would be the easyest thing to do first, there should be a adjustment piece next to the connecting rod on the switch and what you want to do is when your in park release the adjustment piece and wiggle it back into a neutral position and set the adjustment to that position , see if before hand it feels like it has some tension on it,

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.