Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car's alarm goes off every time i try to turn the car…

Customer Question
My car's alarm goes...

My car's alarm goes off every time i try to turn the car off. Keyfob doesn't work even after replacing the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

On not off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

06 altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not yet, i've tried to look up any methods to turn the alarm off with the just the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well, right before the keyfob became unresponsive, the trunk was opening by itself every time i closed for about a couple minutes. Dont know if that is related though.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/8/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

With all of that going on you should have some codes in the vehicle, have you had it scanned for any codes?

no i have not

Is there any check engine lights coming on in the dash?

no

So next step is to take all key fobs to the auto parts store and they can check the signal and battery there, we need to have full functioning fobs for the alarm system to work properly,

i've already swapped the battery and nothing happened. I'll go back to the auto store to see if they can check the signal.

make sure to bring all the fobs that you have to be checked,

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.