Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Does the motor cooling fans have a fuse?

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

whats the model of your nissan

Ok
2006 Nissan quest

ok so we will need to check a few things, do you have a volt meter for testing?

but I am not at vehicle now.

ecm controls fan relays on with ground , so we would need to check for ecm ground at each one and power, also you would want to check in the computer to see what temp the ecm is seeing the vehicle at, when you get to the relay there should be a little coil and 2 switch indicators on the top of the relay, it should look like the one pictured, you want to test the coil part for power and ground, if no power you have a ignition relay or power issue, no ground there is a problem with ecm signal or temp sensor circuit has issues

hows it coming?

I'm at vehicle now

oh good let me know how the tests go

do the cooling fans have a fuse? Other than the 3 relays
how do I check the computer to see what temp the ecm is seeing the motor at?

you will need a scanner to check in the computer and there are fuses do you have a volt meter to check them ?

I used the voltmeter to check the 3 relays, per a YouTube video, they're good
I left my scanner at home. Let me go get it and be back on with you in 30 min.

did you check the power and ground signals at the relay connections? there is a a 40 amp that goes to one fan should be marked G in left side engine fuse panel,

I'm here
With a/c on, fan on driver side works
Turn off a/c fan turns off
Why would only one fan turn on? And only when a/c is on?
HELLOOOOOOOOO