Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I think my battery died and now I can't unlock the doors,

Customer Question
Hi ! I think...

Hi ! I think my battery died and now I can't unlock the doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes i've had the battery died on me before but i was able to unlock the door with the key fob the key fob won't work and neither does the back up so I know it's not the battery in the fob and the key won't unlock the door either

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 armada

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing but trying to use the key and fob over and over to see if it works

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it i just need to get the door open so i can pop the hood and try to jump start it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you tried using the physical key in the door?

my skill level is zero when it comes to cars....my option would be to smash the window to get in :/ I'm sure there has to be a less costly way

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician