Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 sentra...starting yesterday, the car suddenly…

Customer Question
Good morning...I have a...

Good morning...I have a 2015 sentra...starting yesterday, the car suddenly loses power and I have to drift to the side of the road, I almost caused an accident this morning....the engine does not shut off completely, but pressing the gas pedal does not make a difference.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

The loss is the same all the time, the rpms will hover around 1K. after sitting for a while, it returns to normal...the rpm guage seems to indicate there is trouble with the trans....after looking online, it seems the trans in these cars are defective

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is still under warranty, the problem began yesterday...I will be returning it to the dealer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When this issue occurs here if you shift to park or neutral does the engine rev up then properly at all or is it still lacking on power or acceleration?

Let me know,thanks Pete