Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cant get my spark plugs to come out. 120 k and im not sure…

Customer Question
Cant get my spark...

Cant get my spark plugs to come out

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When was the last time the plugs were changed?

120 k and im not sure exactly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

09 altima 2.5 sl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ya got it all desembled til i try and take out the old plugs w a 5/8 magnetized spark plug socket

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They just wont come oiut i dont get it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Are you meaning you cant break them loose?

Ya
+

spray some wd40 down the tubes and let them sit for 20 minutes

theres no trick

Ive got the magnet socket but just cant get them out but imne2 to this so very well mayb3 just doing something wrong idk

so they are loose, but you cant get them to come out of the tubes?

No i dont believe they are even loose its weird like i put the new spark plug in the socket to make sure it fit and you can feel the magnet socket tension but when i donit with the ones in the car already it doesnt seem like there really magnitized or stick to socket is there a certain one that i need or i read something a about a plastic part thAt grabs the plug and helps pull it out. I am really just annoyed with those f$%^&ng plugs right now..
Doesnt seem like it is even loostening them but a spark plug socket universally is 5/8's
right????

if you have a set of deepwell sockets, try using a couple different sizes of them to see if they fit over the plugs that are installed.

hows it going?

I was super busy so i just put it back together caause i didnt have the other sockets so tomorrow im assuming that if i do that and let the wd40 sit on them for 20 minutes it will be fine hopefully...oh and after i tackle this i was changing the brake pads oh ya i forget what that grease was called that i put on the bolts that you pull out . Whats it called??? Ty so much!!!

you just need a bottle of anti seize

hows it going?

please leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.